Quadrafire blower replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmycliff

Nov 4, 2015
Boston, MA
I believe the blower motor in my Quadrafire 4100 insert is blown - I get no fan motion when turning it on(even manual setting). The question I have is has anyone replaced the blower with a generic brand blower? Dropping $220+ dollars on a new blower is tough to swallow. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck replacing the OEM model with a generic one.

@jimmycliff

If it has a thermostat on it I would bypass that to make sure it is not a simple snap disc thermostat. Otherwise check grainger to see if they have a comparable. Maybe it's just a dirty motor or bad bearings?

I believe the blower motor in my Quadrafire 4100 insert is blown - I get no fan motion when turning it on(even manual setting). The question I have is has anyone replaced the blower with a generic brand blower? Dropping $220+ dollars on a new blower is tough to swallow. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck replacing the OEM model with a generic one.

@jimmycliff
I have the same insert and when my blower went I tried a generic one... Not Good.... It worked but not as good. I spent the 220.00 for the right one and have the generic one as an emergency spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.