Quadrafire CB 1200 Burnpot Cleaning Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gman12

Sep 16, 2011
Rutland, MA
Hi Everyone,

First my CB1200 is a freestanding and not an insert. Is there a good way to do a good cleaning of the burnpot and best way to do so? There is a certain spot in the burnpot I'm trying to figure out how to get to so I can clean it out. So, if you pull the lever to open the bottom of the burnpot and put your hand down below and curl your fingers in you can feel a little opening space with a ton of ash and clunks of hardened ash. I can feel it if I move my hand both to the left and right in a half circle but can't get my hand in enough to pull everything out without feeling like my hand is going to get caught. Also can't get my ash vac bent to get in there. Is there a tool or way to get in there to clean that spot out? Thanks for everyone who can help clean this part out.

Theres two screws on the front at about the same level where the burn pot knob/lever is. If you remove those screws theres a small panel that comes off it will give you access to the underside of the burnpot for cleaning.