Quadrafire CB 1200 service manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maraian

Nov 28, 2017
Annapolis, MD
Does anyone know where I can find a Service Manual for a Quad classic Bay 1200 freestanding stove?

I found one for the insert model on this site through a google link, but I can't find it on the actual site on my own. Also cannot find one for the freestanding stove
Thanks!

If you go to Quadrafire's website, they have all the manuals available, for the CB1200, I think there are 3 versions for it.

Oh I'm sorry- the only manuals I've seen are the owners manuals. Is something wrong with your stove?? Don't know of service manual availability.

The insert is the same manual as the FS.

Awesome! I've cleaned, installed and serviced many CB1200s, good solid dependable heater. Has a bit dated look, but a good proven performer.

;) Definitely a workhorse heated my shop for 12 yrs now it’s in the house

Reactions: Maraian
Awesome! I've cleaned, installed and serviced many CB1200s, good solid dependable heater. Has a bit dated look, but a good proven performer.
Thanks, its actually a pretty big stove I just assumed it was going to fit on my existing stone hearth with stone wall behind it, but I may come up 1 1/4" short according to the diagrams.
My stone hearth platform is 37" deep.
Looks like this stove, with a verticle vent pipe requires 38 1/4" depth
My vent pipe is verticle just for 41" and then goes through the wall, so I'm not really sure if this is considered vertical or horizontal through wall pipe
For the horizontal through wall vent pipe, only 2" clearance is required (opposed to 7.5" for verticle pipe.
So its the difference of fitting or not fitting
Any insight?

So you are coming off the stove with vertical run then 90 degrees and out through the wall? Is this wall behind the stove stone or combustible? I thought pellet vents are 3 inches clearance to combustibles.... are you using the top vent adaptor or coming right off the exh outlet?

So you are coming off the stove with vertical run then 90 degrees and out through the wall? Is this wall behind the stove stone or combustible? I thought pellet vents are 3 inches clearance to combustibles.... are you using the top vent adaptor or coming right off the exh outlet?
its supposed to be 3" clearance between pipe an combustibles, making it 7.5" from the back of the stove to the wall with the vertical pipe setup.
Yes, on my existing stove, coming off the stove is a clean out T, then vertical pipe for about 40", then 90 degree and through the wall. The wall is stone, although I dont know for sure, if there are any combustibles behind the stone, although it doesnt look like it. It looks like the stones are just set in mourtor or something similar. The exterior wall is concrete as this is a partially underground basement.
The way it is set up now would suggest its non-combustible as there is less than 1" between stove pipe and stone wall and I can see the stone wall goes at least 4 " deep past the surrounding interior walls.

I will be using the vertical clean out adapter provided by Quadrafire as it is takes up less space than traditional cleanout T's.

I am applying for a $700 rebate from the state on the purchase of the new stove and have to get it permitted and inspected to do so.

Do you know how the inspecter determines if the stone wall has any combustibles between it and the exterior concrete wall?

Last edited:
Seems like you are doing the correct things. It prob is not combustible wall at all, but planning that it is, is smart. Inspectors vary, some are super strict, others not. Good luck on your new stove..

Seems like you are doing the correct things. It prob is not combustible wall at all, but planning that it is, is smart. Inspectors vary, some are super strict, others not. Good luck on your new stove..
Thanks, actually it will only fit if the wall is not combustible.
I think im just going to go for it, worst case, I have to extend my platform a couple of inches.
I m thinking, I can probably stack a couple bricks in front of my platform and lay a piece of slate over it, then seal the seam with the high temp stove caulk to get me through inspection.

One thing i dont like about the stove is i was told there is no diagnostic indicator light, do you know if this is true?