Quadrafire Classic 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikenVa

Dec 21, 2020
Va
Quad starts up just fine once call light is initiated. During start up there is a light in the clear box thatis green. That green light turns red after about 7-8 minutes and stays red. Everything seems to work fine though. Anyone know what the issue is? A few have told me that it means the unit is at 600 degrees but that is not possible after 7-8 minutes. It’s on the lowest possible setting.

Ok as the stove starts up pellets feed and ignite. As the fire reaches 200::F the light is green and it tells the control to feed a lil more pellets. As the fire gets bigger/ more intense the temperature reaches 600::Fthe light turns green. If you don’t believe that the fire in the pot is not 600::F stick a meat thermometer in it and watch it. That is for the cb1200. The older quads 800 and 1000 had to reach 900::Fand 1400::F

Okay so that is normal? I just don’t remember the red light to be honest. It feels very new. But if you say so. It seems to be working fine.

The older boxes had 2led’s 1green 1red. The newer 3speed boxes have the one that just changes.