quadrafire classic bay 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jack1147

Feb 24, 2019
ma
all of a sudden my convevtion fan has only one speed. could it be the fan motor or a switch? my owners manual shows a three position rocker switch could tha be it

What speed is it on? I would guess medium. It sounds like your switch is the problem. Try jumping between the terminals on the back of the switch. Jump from the center to the top or the bottom. If the speed changes, it is the switch. If it doesn't change, it could be a bad wire, loose connection, etc. As always, be careful not to ground anything out. The voltage going to the switch is low voltage from the control board.

Reactions: kappel15
hey former farmer you were absolutly right the only speed i had was medium. when i jumped the terminals the speed increased.thanks alot for your help