Quadrafire Control Boards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
A year or so ago I had to replace my original control board on my Santa Fe. I noticed it has a different look to it, so I'm assuming its after market ? The place I bought the stove from sold it to me and installed it. One thing I'm noticing is that is seems to drop pellets a little faster than normal. I have check and its set to the right number for my stove, although the dial looks different. Has anyone had any experience with after market control boards? And does Quadrafire make their own? Ty for your help.

What did you set the dial to?

Quadrafire Control Box - Instruction sheet 2 of 2.jpg

I have verified it is set correctly for Santa Fe.. 6 ..

You can tell its after market. Does Quadrafire make one or are they all after market. Its different than the one that came with it. The dial looks different.

I know that they originally came out with a clear type plastic case and then switched to a gray/smoked color type plastic case.

Sorry, I can't help you out anymore than that.

No aftermarket boards are made for quads that i know of. Colors of the boxes have varied as updated products come out. The dial is just a newer model or diff supplier of switchs. Pantrol (the manufacturer for quad board) hold the proprietary rights to the boards and update software, speeds, timings, per quad. to keep the stove in compliance wit epa regs. So your feed rates are more than likely just newer settings.

I know that they originally came out with a clear type plastic case and then switched to a gray/smoked color type plastic case.

Sorry, I can't help you out anymore than that.

I stand corrected. First was the gray/smoked then the clear came after.

Reactions: Ssyko