quadrafire log set

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkvrgti

Mar 21, 2012
gray,maine
is there any site that sells just the log sets? trying to google it but it keeps bring to the quad site.

My local dealer ordered them for me and had them shipped directly to me. I don't think this is an item on which you will find internet bargains.

Are you looking to keep these in the stove during use? If so, the general consensus is that they are ash traps that just make the routine cleaning longer.

Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation)

Just so you know, if you plan on keeping them in the stove during burning, they do become brittle and fall apart eventually. Kinda expensive for how long they last.

Buy them..... They are awesome. I love mine. Wouldn't be without them.

They....... They.... They make the stove look so awesome in the Summertime. (So its not empty) :) (hope you can see the sarcasm).

They are a PITA and not only need to be cleaned when you clean the stove (they must be removed) but do get brittle and bust up, as noted above.

I do love mine. Paid just under $100 for mine online.

I do use something in my stove while burning. Forum member Czech used to sell these (pic below and can also be seen in my Avatar). Logs in Summer. Sunburst in Winter (to block some of the light from the fire). It sits on the same area the logs are on and looks pretty good. I painted it this Summer. But its starting to peel :(

index-10.jpeg Newgrill.jpg 2012-10-16_18-18-12_332.jpg

I'm going to have to start paying you commission Dex!

I have had the Quadrafire logs for about a year (My wife insisted on them). I don't find that they increase cleaning time by more than about 30 seconds. I vacuum the ash off the tops of them, lift them out of the fireplace insert and put them back when I'm done cleaning. I am careful with them because everybody keeps telling me that they are brittle, and maybe they are, but if a klutz like me hasn't broken them in a year they can't be all that brittle.
Now I've jinxed myself and I will probably break them this afternoon.
Personally I could do without them, but my wife loves them and would replace them if they broke.

I'm going to have to start paying you commission Dex!

Do you have any left? I may have some buyers?

As for commission.... I really do like it. Its so much easier than the logs and looks better too ;)

The Wife loves it and I cant thank you enough.

I have had the Quadrafire logs for about a year (My wife insisted on them). I don't find that they increase cleaning time by more than about 30 seconds. I vacuum the ash off the tops of them, lift them out of the fireplace insert and put them back when I'm done cleaning. I am careful with them because everybody keeps telling me that they are brittle, and maybe they are, but if a klutz like me hasn't broken them in a year they can't be all that brittle.
Now I've jinxed myself and I will probably break them this afternoon.
Personally I could do without them, but my wife loves them and would replace them if they broke.

If your Sig is correct? Then the logs are only 1 yr old. Give them time.

My Wife loved them too... But she doesn't clean the stove. I did replace it with the Sunburst plate above. So it was Win-Win. I got rid of the logs and got something we both liked.

I have a broken one but luckily the break isn't very noticeable. I only leave mine in during the summer because the previous owner used them too much and mine are in the brittle stage and a pain to clean in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.