QuadraFire Mt Vernon Conv Fan Jammed Code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectDevils

Mar 25, 2014
intermountain west
I started having some problems with my Mt Vernon AE late this winter. I got a couple Combustion Fan jammed codes that cleared when I unplugged and then plugged back in.

Now I got some Conv. Fan Jammed codes that wont clear. I opened up the side of the stove and reached around to the fan and it freely turns. When I first got the Comb. Fan Jammed code, I dismantled it and cleaned it thoroughly. Now the stove will cycle, clean and start a fire but then the Conv fan never comes on so it all dies out.

Nearest real good tech is a long ways away.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The AE has a second thermocouple, mounted near the bottom of the drop tube according to the manual. Check to see if maybe you knocked it loose.

If you have a volt meter, check to see if the blower is getting a voltage (it should be 12 V DC on that stove, I believe).

Last edited:
Yep, drop tube t/c prob culprit, check conv blower too of course..

Drop tube thermocouple turns convection blower on and off,varies the speed of the convection blower.

Project- Yes I would think you should get TC2 error msg. If power is at the convex blower and nothing is wrong with the blower, then tc2 would be my suspect.

I checked power at the Conv Blower. Got 5.0V. Is that the correct voltage?

I unplugged TC2 to try and test but my leads are too big. This did create a TC error on the screen though.

So am I to suspect a blower motor?

Not sure what the voltage is supposed to be (I was thinking 15.0 VDC, but not sure). Will check when I go to work tomorrow and get back to you if no one else has. Sounds like TC2 is working normally.

This was as fire was starting. So, perhaps the voltage would increase as temp in fire pot increases???

Is Conv fan a variable speed fan?

Thanks everyone. The one go-to tech is nearly 80 miles away and won't be out my way for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.