Quadrafire Mt Vernon E2 error codes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mx701

Feb 26, 2018
Boston
Hi,

I have a Quadrafire Mt Vernon E2 that I had install this past fall. Honestly the stove hasn’t been all that great for the money I paid for it. I lost the auger motor about 3 weeks after being installed. I’ve had lot of other issue that have been on and off that could be related to pellet quality. My latest issue is the stove shuts down after about 2 – 3 hours of use and I get a blinking red light, slow blink maybe once every 4 seconds. I feel I’ve cleaned the stove as per the manual, but still get unexpected shut downs. I can’t find anywhere the blinking error codes and what they mean. Any idea what the slow blinking red light error is?

Thanks

Page 26 of your owners manual explains all the red blinking lights. I would check your manual and check symptoms accordingly. Otherwise it is under warranty. I would be calling the store. kap

I have the owners manual, I just find 1 red Flash – 8 red flash is not very helpful. Like many others on here have said, once you walk out the door with your purchase a lot of dealers are not very helpful, like mine was to get the auger motor replaced.

Owners manual page 25 list fault codes, solid red light is first on the list. Lots of things could cause it too. I've worked on many E2s, they have seemed to be a nice quiet heater if ran properly and the burnpot is kept clean, espec for missed ignition issues. I will concede the remotes of the first one had issues (now thermostat is wired), but I found if the receiver was removed from the stove casing out into the open, it improved the operation...Anyway, good luck to you... EDIT- In reading through the causes, number one is total cleaning. If you used suspect pellets, a deep cleaning would prob cure your issues. Clean behind the cast iron plate and espec those two collecting areas down below going to the exh blower. The blower itself been cleaned well? Could the exh vent cap be clogged? Seen that numerous times this season,,, A lot of problems is just airflow through the stove and that is not the stove;s fault..

If you look on page 26, there is a list of options that can cause one red flash, From dirty exhaust to vac switch not closing, to hopper door switch not closing. Sometimes those hopper doors have enough play in them, that the switch won't make contact. And if the dealer doesn't want to take care of what he sells, I would tell him to come get it. kap

Reactions: stovelark
Cleaning the hose to the vacuum switch seems to have cured the problem, But, there didn't feel like the was any obstruction in the hose, it's been running for 2 days straight now.

Good thing to check too, is the nipple that hose attaches to on the drop tube. A stiff wire that fits the hole works best. Glad you figured it out. kap