Quadrafire Mt Vernon E2 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bfurchak

Jan 28, 2016
Nj
I’ve had a Mt Vernon E2 freestanding stove for about 5yrs now. Recently on startup the combustion blower switches on full speed and then never ramps down and stove doesn’t start. If I unplug stove and plug back in It will usually start. sometimes it will ramp down after 15-20mins and then start. I have bypassed the vacuum switch and both snap discs with no change. Sometimes stove works fine and today it will light and run fine for a few minutes then just stop feeding and ramp the combustion blower back up to high until stove goes out. I get no red warning lights (faults), I’m thinking maybe a temp sensor or bad blower RPM sensor?

Look at your control board for connections and also the exhaust sensor probe, I think for proper startup (the comb blwr slowing down initially) and feed, it checks for the exh temp input too. Where's Kap?

From the AE and back, I know the stoves. All the new ones, from the E2 and up, I have not kept up with as the store I worked for closed. Owner retired. I am limited to my abilities. kap

I swapped RPM sensor from an old exhaust blower and no change. Now at times the fire will light then few minutes later the fan ramps up and fire burns out. Then it restarts itself. I’m thinking the board is no good and getting a bad/false temp signal. Probably going to bite the bullet and buy a new control board for $250