Quadrafire pellet Convection blower not coming on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tykamarsh

Oct 5, 2022
Colorado
The combustion blower on my Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 pellet stove will not turn on.

The stove turned on and heated up but the convection blower would not turn on. I pulled the purple wires off of the snap disc #1 and touched the bare metal together and it still did not work. I checked the volts coming in to the snap disc (purple wire #1 and it read around 2.5 (the other purple wire was around .12). I then plugged both purple wires back into the snap disc and got a 5.0 amp reading.

The red light below the High/low fan switch is on/red and everything else seems to be working.

I’m not sure how the power is routed to the convection blower(?). I assume power passes through the snap disc #1, then to the blower switch and finally to the blower? I do not have any photos at this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

How did you test for voltage? One lead to a purple wire and the other lead to the frame? Maybe the voltage test is not working. Test your power coming into the unit to verify that your tester is working. I would think that you did not have a good ground for testing. I would think that the snap disc just needs to be reset. I don't remember if snap disc 1 is the one with the manual reset on it. It may be hard to push the button to reset.

If this doesn't work, unplug the stove and pull the controller out. It may have some dirt or corrosion on the connection. Reinstall controller, plug back in and try running the stove again.

Did you feed the convection blower 120 to see if it works>

I suggest the suicide cord test on the blower. Direct to 120V. If you don't know what this means consider calling in someone to check it for you. Johneh has same suggestion. If it was the snap disk then jumping the snap disk would turn on the convection blower. Also, check your title of your post compared to the detail of the post as it says convection fan but post detail says combustion fan, which is an entirely different animal altogether.