Quadrafire Pellet Stove Insert Cracked Heat Exchanger Repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaBee

Feb 2, 2015
Oregon
Hello.
I have a Quadrafire pellet stove insert that has a cracked heat exchanger tube. After two cleaning companies and two repair companies couldn't figure out why my pellet stove smelled even when not in use I finally figured it out on my own. The repair companies said that the tubes can't be replaced and they would stick a stainless steel tube down the cracked tube. After my history with their inability to diagnose the problem I figured I should check elsewhere to see if there are other options. Does anyone know of another way to repair the tube? Thanks for your help. :)

Did you check your manual? I thought the heat exchanger used to be under the lifetime warranty.

There is a limited lifetime warranty on the tubes, but only 5 years on labor. But things could have changed thru the years. You can check with the dealer to see if he can get a factory tube to replace it. kap

Yes, I was wondering the age and model of the stove.

I don't have a model number but it is a 2006 Quadrafire Castile Insert. I contacted a local dealer and they said that they can submit a warranty request for me. I don't see how the tube could be replaced but it may just be a large section of the pellet stove thst would comr out. Hopefully they'll just replace the entire unit. :)

The tubes can be pulled and a new one inserted with a special tool or just a dead punch. kap

I have submitted a request for warranty repair through a local stove retailer. The repair company that previously came to look at it said that the whole unit would have to be replaced because the tubes were not replaceable so that's why I tried posting here. Thank you both for your help. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with troubled stove owners like myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.