Quadrafire pressure switch, is this normal (pic)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Edrrt

Nov 19, 2019
Sonoma
My quadrifire Mount Vernon stopped feeding on the lowest setting, sounds like the pressure switch.

When I took a look at it there's a little micro switch attached to the side of the diaphragm box and it's loose and rattling around. I noticed that when I push the wires in a little bit, the micro switch goes in a little bit and I can hear it click.

Is that normal or is this part broken?

Quadrafire pressure switch, is this normal (pic)?

I cannot imagine it is normal to be loose, being a sensitive sensor.
Okay I have confirmed that this looseness does in fact affect the function.

Do I need to replace it with this exact part or is there a better air flow sensor available? Will any of the quadrifire air flow sensors work?

I do not know if there is an interchange. For now, you could try holding the loose part exactly where you think it should be, then glue it with a glue gun.

Reactions: Mt Bob