Quadrafire pulled the Mt Vernon AE?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyclan

Dec 23, 2007
Missouri
That what my dealer told me! We went through 2 different Mt Vernons with multiple problems, error codes, etc. To make things right, the dealer gave us two 1200i's, painted them sienna bronze, place the cast surrounds on them, and provided free installation. So far, so good. I'll post pictures soon. He has been checking in with us to see how the new stoves are working, and he called today to say that Quadrafire is pulling the Mt Vernon AE for now until the technology is improved. Has anyone else heard this information?

Nope, not heard that. Sounds like BS to me, they are finally running great out of the box (for us anyway). I have direct ties with Quad. In fact I just talked to one of their lead techs yesterday and it never came up. Every once and a while they put things on "Quality Hold" for a week or two if they need to make changes to the assembly line or re-engineer something. If that had happened I would have gotten an email about it.

I had just purchased an AE last week and got a call from the dealer saying that everything is on temporary hold and that product would not be available until 3/4 because of quality issues. Needless to say, I cancelled the deal and am going to wait until next Fall to purchase an AE. Heck, our winter will be over in a month anyway. Maybe by then, the kinks will be worked out because I love the potential of this beast!

I thought so. My dealer has been fairly above board with me so far. They quit selling the MV AE last month, and now that Quadrafire has placed them on "hold", I suspect it will be much longer than 2 weeks before they re-released. It is a nice looking stove, but the biggest POC (for the price) I have ever had. The 1200i is certainly not as attractive, but both of mine have performed well so far.

A Quality Hold, this is a sign of a company that takes quality damned seriously. I wish my company was like that. Instead, all we get, is marketing fist pumpers obsessed with pushing out product in time for the sales show. The hidden strategy is to let the customer find the errors and then work off of complaints. This is also known as the "Microsoft model."

As a manufacturing quality professional with 10 year experience I salute Quadra-Fire.

My own AE has been humming along with a glitch.

Units are on quality hold till 3/4/08

Status
Not open for further replies.