Quadrafire Santa fe only runs on low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bilzer007

Nov 26, 2014
New Hampshire
Quadrafire Santa fe only runs on low setting. The three position switch seems to be not working and this is the first fire of the season and all was working well last year. Any suggestions? I am hoping perhaps just the switch has failed and not something more complicated such as the control box?
When I hit the 3 position switch, there is now no change from medium or high.....It stays at the low setting and the fan does not ramp up and feed more pellets. So all 3 positions on the switch all stay on the low setting. Has anyone else ever encountered something like this?

Last edited:
Sounds like the switch is bad. Some more information on what you mean by “only runs” might be helpful but I’d look into the switch.

Sounds like the switch is bad. Some more information on what you mean by “only runs” might be helpful but I’d look into the switch.
When I hit the 3 position switch, there is now no change from medium or high.....It stays at the low setting and the fan does not ramp up and feed more pellets. So all 3 positions on the switch all stay on the low setting. Has anyone else ever encountered something like this?

Did you try disconnecting the switch at all? The Santa Fe should run on medium if the switch is disconnected. Pay attention to which wires are attached to the 3 terminals so you can reconnect it correctly.

I had a SFI once that a squirrel chewed up the wires making it only run on one speed. He was mummified when I pulled him out.