Quadrafire special type of burnpot nut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Grader07

Jan 14, 2017
Maryland
I had to have the dump lever assembly fixed on my quad trekker stove. When the tech came out to fix it he had to call hearth and home technologies to figure out how to replace it. First one he had done! Kinda scary but we all had to start somewhere i guess. So after talking to home technologies the person told him he had to remove the burnpot to allow for more room to work on the lever assembly rather than just trying to do everything thru the ash pan access. When the tech went to remove the bolts from burnpot he snapped the bolt head off on the left side. Right side came out ok. When he remove the burn pot he destroyed the gasket underneath the burnpot so now i am left with having to replace gasket which isnt a big deal but what kind of special OEM part is that nut that goes thru the floor of the stove??? Looks like the floor has a hex shape that the special nut would insert up thru from the bottom so that when tightening the burnpot down again wouldnt need to hold bottom with a wrench. I found something similar on this forum from back in 2012 and they had same issues. I want to replace with stainless steel bolt washers and wing nuts but was just wondering what the OEM nut is or was called.

64790418-0428-4909-AF47-E90F5C94A1A7.jpeg
EDAFFC1E-B0CD-44DE-8F47-CC1BDC68A411.jpeg
3A99DDE9-E89B-4D24-9040-3F47B6095953.jpeg
1865A8EE-FAA7-4349-A372-A1D7CFD2EF36.jpeg
1D42E19A-8FD8-4DB8-903C-7381D1A304FC.jpeg

These are from hearth.com 2010-2012 years that i found but are exactly what im asking about so I just used these photos. Thanks!

Could this be what you are looking for
That is really close to be honest. I took a small grinder and was able to grind the top of the broken bolt and the top of what ever that hex thing is. From what it looks like to me it may have been pressed of by quadrafire because it had a flange on top and bottom so there was no way to get that insert out without grinding or cutting it out. I sprayed pb blaster on the parts to loosen the rust and left it soak for a day. Cleaned up and tried to remove with vicegrips but thats when i saw it was flanged or pressed in. Got everything cleaned up and ready to put on new gasket and stainless steel hardware.

You can just install a regular bolt and nut with washers, no problem. kap