QuadraFire Vacuum SW error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Then it is not the control board. They had issues with the logistics on some older model boards, and would throw a vac switch error code.

Not the control board and unfortunately not the gaskets. I don't know what is left. The stove ran for an hour before throwing the code again. I've noticed that its getting dirty very fast. In a hour the glass had gotten black along the top. I attached a picture... I've ran out of possibilities

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_050933901.jpg
    IMG_20191127_050933901.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 112
Went back thru posts. I would be checking wire harness and connections for vac switch. And is this an oem or after market vac switch? Been a lot of firepot thermocouples, aftermarket, that have been bad. kap

I had a vacuum switch problem on a friends stove. She went to the stove store and bought a new vacuum switch. Turns out the exhaust blower was bad and after I replaced the blower I was a bit bewildered because it still had a vacuum error. The store probably tested the switch with an ohm meter and it did close when sucking on the switch port so they put it back in stock.
I tested that new switch with my brake bleeder Guage from harbor freight to see if The bladder inside holds air by pumping some in and checking the Guage to see if it holds steady. It leaked air like a sive! I tested her old vacuum switch and it worked fine so when we put that switch back in with the new exhaust blower, the stove was fixed!
It may not be the case with your stove but I always test bladders not micro switches in vacuum air pressure switches to be sure they are good!!

Attachments

• 0D09F4FD-3D1D-4994-B61E-DEB735406ED4.png
    0D09F4FD-3D1D-4994-B61E-DEB735406ED4.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reactions: kappel15