Quadre•Fire Mount Vernon Installed and Running!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

69Stingray

Hearth Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
Southern, NH
Got my Mount Vernon insert installed and running. Working great. Fan is quiet, heat is good. Excellent!

Attached is a picture of the startup.

Attachments

• startup_small.JPG
    startup_small.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 237
Your stove looks nice! Congratulations on getting everything setup and burning. Given your screen name I wouldn't mine seeing a pic of the 1969 Stingray also :)

Nice stove...nice car...your looking good.

The best I managed was a 69 Chevelle. I also had a 67 Cougar which was real sweet. Anyway, happy burning!

Looks great, congratulations.

Congrats on your new Mt Vernon, it looks great... I have the Castile insert in the mahogany finish, it's awesome but now I wish I had bought the Mt Vernon instead. Castile heats the house nicely, typical basic 3 bedroom ranch built in a rectangular shape, so I use a fan to bring heat to the far end of the house

What you might find with your Mt Vernon is run it with the trim door open, away from the blower tubes, and it wont get real hot on the top. I found that my Castile gets so hot when run on Med or High you cant touch the lid, I had to use pot holder mits to open the lid to add pellets... then I tried running with the trim door open, it runs cool as a cucumber that way, even inside the hopper is cool. Quadra Fire needs to make those openings bigger on the cast iron door so the heat doesnt get so restricted and heat up the lid.

Enjoy your new insert, you'll be very happy with it I'm sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.