Question About My New Englander 30-NCH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbaskerville

Nov 11, 2014
Freeville, NY
I just bought a new Englander 30-NCH and I noticed that when I close the door, it doesn't quite seal all the way. Their is a tiny opening right between the gasket, and the part of the stove next to the handle. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this with their stoves. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be that way, or if there is a flaw with my door/gasket.

That should seal tight so that there are no gaps.

Did you put a straight edge to the metal on the stove to make sure it's a flat surface for the door gasket to seat against?

Does the gasket look as though it is not seated properly?

It doesn't happen often, but you wouldn't be the first to get an "oops" from the factory.

Call up englander and let them know your concern, they have customer support that gets frequent praise.

In re-thinking this, is this just one tiny spot next to the handle? Or is it a larger area? How big is the gap? Is this where the gasket's ends come together?

Check to see if the fire brick that is nearest to the door latch has the top corner cut off of it. When I put the bricks back into my stove, I inadvertently put that one in a different place and the door latch hit the brick and kept it from closing all the way.

Reactions: Huntindog1 and pen
Status
Not open for further replies.