Question About Stove Cement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2014
Eden, NY
I bought some Imperial Wood Stove/Furnace Cement to touch up some spots in the firebox area of my fireplace. However, I read that it needs to be cured with heat. Right now my wood stove is pulled out of the fireplace because I'm working on my current setup. Can I apply the cement now and then cure it with heat sometime next week or does it have to be cured immediately once applied? The directions do not specify.

thank you!

Not sure about your specific situation, but I just replaced my door gasket and the directions said to have a fire within 30 days to cure the cement.

It'll dry slower without heat, but when its fired, it will cure it. If that is next week it'll be fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.