Question for all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMP1

Jun 16, 2006
I have a fisher cast iron stove that I am looking to sell; my husband wants to sell it to his family for next to nothing. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a general idea of how much to sell it for.

I have very limited information on this stove.

It’s a Fisher cast iron wood stove, it’s much bigger then anyone I have even seen. It’s in perfect condition, it’s fancy legs’ and a screen for the front to keep the doors open.

Please HELP!

TMP1

as far as I know it's not entirely cast iron, I'm thinking it's a plate steel stove with two cast iron doors and an 8 inch flue collar.

Like shane said, it's not worth more than a couple hundred dollars in good condition.

Corie said:
as far as I know it's not entirely cast iron, I'm thinking it's a plate steel stove with two cast iron doors and an 8 inch flue collar.

Like shane said, it's not worth more than a couple hundred dollars in good condition.

Yes, if it is Fischer, then it is steel plate with cast doors. Usually a name on the doors. I suspect yours says Papa Bear or something like that cause of 8" collar.

you may be right about the steel plates, I will say that four adult men had a hard time moving it. The front of it says FISHER.

Well, in its day the Fisher was one of the best. It still has a great reputation. However, these days it is considered old technolgy and may not even be a desirable stove in your community. Some places now specifically have ordinances against any non-EPA compliant stoves. (Read "dirty-burning")

If it is allowed I think $200 is too much. I'd give it away to anyone who wanted to move it. At any rate $200 is a lot toward a Century or Drolet EPA model. (Clean burning)

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.