Question on pellet usage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marster

Jan 13, 2008
S. Central Pa
I have a Breckwell p23. Had it installed in Jan. So far the stove has been great. Cleaning is done weekly to side doors, heat tubes, burn pot and firebox. I clean the burn pot everyday as well as every 3 days I just clean the firebox area.

My guestion is besides turning the blower up, what would cause the unit to use more pellets? There are times I have it at setting 2 with outside temps at 35/40 and a bag of pellets will last 24 hrs, then there are other times I have it on 2 with the same outside temperture and I'll go through a bag of pellets in a half day. I cant for the life of me figure out why it would use more pellets when everything is at the same setting. Pellets are all the same brand too.

I read the manual over and over and cannot find a logical explaination. I also have the draft set pretty much at the same setting. Any suggestions?

Thanks

My guess that everything is not the same concerning the the houses heat loss or gains on those differnt days if it was a cloudy windy or some other factor acting on the house or if the sun was out it cloud make a diffrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.