question on pulling combuston motor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fellow Cab50 owner says Thanks.
this year i used the spray graphite (loctite) on the exhaust blades. this coats the blades and will help keep the scraping to a minimum next time i pull the motor.
i hear the dry molly spray works even better. but this is what i could find without paying almost as much in shipping as the dry molly costs.
we don't have a wide variety of stores to choose from here.

very nice.^ i think we may even have some on hand

my last tip is about putting the motor back in.

the screw holes are keyed. so you can fit the gasket first.
even with just the gasket it requires a little finesse.
i would locate the two back screws first. then the others will be in reach as you locate the holes.
it's just a little harder to locate those back holes if you've put in the other screws first.
leave them unscrewed enough to have room to fit the motor plate, push up to compress the gasket, and rotate into the keyed slots.

snug the screws up and work around several times. gradually getting them all tight taking up the slack created as the gasket compresses.
till they are all completely tightened.

i also marked one terminal and it's corresponding lead with a sharpie before i removed the motor wires.
there are only two,. but i figured better safe than sorry.

0012-2.jpg
002-1.jpg

You do anything special to get that back screw out? I couldn't get to it very easily (from either side) and was afriad of stripping it.

Just a shorter phillips?

yep. i used a stubby.

Status
Not open for further replies.