Question on Tadpole door gasket for Quadra Fire Castille insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darge82

Oct 13, 2018
ct
I have a Quadrafire Castille Pellet insert. I have changed the tadpole gasket on the front door a few years ago(followed a Youtube videop) and I am ready to change it again. While looking at the gasket the gasket does not go across the bottom of the door. Only the 2 sides and the top. This is the way I installed it previously per the Youtube video and did not really think much of it at the time. Should this gasket go across the bottom as well? I would assume it should as with no gasket there, the bottom of the door does not seal at all and I would assume can cause ash/soot etc to leak out the bottom of the front door since there is a large size gap. I attached a picture and marked the area I am questioning. Is it safe to assume the gasket should also run along the bottom of the door? Because the Youtube install video it is not there in that area. .

Thanks

20211001_112525.jpg

Air wash ??

I won't comment on any 'air wash' feature. They are all a wenie wash far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: johneh
Thanks guys. I was not aware of the air wash feature so I looked it up and that is what it is. I see in the parts diagram for this stove that bottom piece is an Air wash deflector.

I find it amusing how stove builders extoll the benefits of the 'air wash' feature that I've never seen reliably work on any stove Seems to ne an industry wide thing however.

I find it amusing how stove builders extoll the benefits of the 'air wash' feature that I've never seen reliably work on any stove Seems to ne an industry wide thing however.
The only time my air wash works really well is in the summer when the stove is off and unplged::-)

The older models had the air wash on the top and the newer ones, on the bottom.