Question on vent pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWW68

Dec 23, 2008
WNY
Hello,
I purchased my house about 5 years ago in New York. The house has a 6" stainless steel chimney, double wall, insulated. The only identifying marks that I can find for the manufacturer is a sticker on the pipe that has the name James A. Ryder manufacturing co. I would assume that this is the manufacturer. Searching the web dose not give me very many hits. The hits that I do get are from Canada, hence the title. Has anyone herd of this co? Is this indeed the manufacturer and are they still in business? I would like to purchase an elbow kit, but not having any luck. I know that it is not recommended to mix manufacturers but will another brand fit? Maybe was bought out buy another line? Any Info would be appreciated.

I searched a little too. I didn't find anything with an address. Perhaps this company is no longer in business or has been taken over by another company like Selkirk. Maybe some of the other members might know.

Thanks for the info. That is some of the same info that I have found.
I am thinking that the company is no longer in buisiness also. I will have to look around and see if another venders product will fit.
I was hoping to get the same product but if it is not avaliabe I will have to go another rout.

DWW68 said:
Thanks for the info. That is some of the same info that I have found...
In that case then, your question "Is this indeed the manufacturer?" had to be somewhat rhetorical. Good luck.

LLigetfa said:
DWW68 said:
Thanks for the info. That is some of the same info that I have found...
In that case then, your question "Is this indeed the manufacturer?" had to be somewhat rhetorical. Good luck.

Well yes, I suppose so. I was hoping that somebody had some knowledge of this company and could shed some light on if they were still around or if the product was still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.