Question on Venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AOuellet

Dec 26, 2007
Rhode Island
No Question I am purchasing a Harman Pellet stove, but trying to decide where to put it! I have a small Ranch (under 1300 sq. ft.) with a good sized family room in the basement... I would like to put it in the basement and possibly put registers in the floor to help heat upstairs.... Problem is, the wall I want to put it on abuts my laundry room (which is about 5 feet wide).. can I vent up and out through the laundry room, or do I HAVE to install it closer to the outside wall?

i would say closer to an outside wall. the way i understand it, is the less amount of horizontal runs the better.

If you have not already done so already, you can download the usermanual for the
Harman model you are looking at and it give you an idea of the minimum
requirements for the pipe run.

Are you are having the stove installed or DIY? If the dealer is installing, some will go
to your home for measurements and advise you on where would be the best spot.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.