Questions after first season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...
Since last November we are proud onwers of a King Tractor Surprise Pellet stove.
Ran so far so good with some learning curve...
BUT...How much creosote is to expect on the end of a four feet exhaust pipe...
Just took it apart the other day and found a good quarter inch built up, growing bigger to the end...
Cleaned it out, but how much is to expect? Was that much or little?
Do you get any or more?
Just want to get an idea if that was healthy built up or if i am choking my stove to much (mostly runs on low levels because of noise)

I have never had any creosote anywhere in my stove
and exhaust pipe. Running a stove on low is not the best
thing for it. You are not burning the fule to its full potential.
Run it on high now and again to clean out the creosote
before it becomes a problem

Those Kings are dangerous. I’ve seen people burn holes in the side of them and most of them I’ve seen have had creosote problems. You buy a cheap stove you get a cheap stove.

"You buy a cheap stove you get a cheap stove."
I get that part...its just what budget allows...
Burning on low is due to the noise...already tried to make it less noisy but no luck so far...
But will try to burn it hotter...i mean this coming season...
Just waiting to get any good sales going to get 3 tons in...but so far...250+ and even 300 asked...