Questions before purchasing Harman 52i tc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dabug

Oct 21, 2018
Monroe County Pa
Contacted 3 Harman dealers on quotes on Harman accentra 52i tc. Best price is $5062 with complete install. Questions are, Anyone having issues using cheaper pellets? Is the unit worth the money?. People that have this stove are you disappoint?.. Seconding questing my pick on pellet insert.

Contacted 3 Harman dealers on quotes on Harman accentra 52i tc. Best price is $5062 with complete install. Questions are, Anyone having issues using cheaper pellets? Is the unit worth the money?. People that have this stove are you disappoint?.. Seconding questing my pick on pellet insert.

I just bought and installed this last month and only have 15 or so bags through it. I've used 6 different brands/quality of pellets and I haven't noticed a difference but I've been burning wood for the last decade and this is my first time burning pellets. I'm a pellet noob...

With a self install in a 10' masonry fireplace, I paid $3989 for the stove and $600 for the chimney liner, cap and OAK. Looks like you're getting a pretty good price installed. The OAK was about $300 total with the ventilated cap.

So far, the stove has been great. So nice to have consistent heat vs the fluctuations inherent to wood burning. Only gripe is the blower rattles sometimes. I need to contact Harman to determine the problem. The touch screen is intuitive and nice with cleaning prompts based on fuel consumption.

Hope my experience helps you some.

Jim

These are really good deals, I cant get a quote anywhere near those prices here in CT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought and installed this last month and only have 15 or so bags through it. I've used 6 different brands/quality of pellets and I haven't noticed a difference but I've been burning wood for the last decade and this is my first time burning pellets. I'm a pellet noob...

With a self install in a 10' masonry fireplace, I paid $3989 for the stove and $600 for the chimney liner, cap and OAK. Looks like you're getting a pretty good price installed. The OAK was about $300 total with the ventilated cap.

So far, the stove has been great. So nice to have consistent heat vs the fluctuations inherent to wood burning. Only gripe is the blower rattles sometimes. I need to contact Harman to determine the problem. The touch screen is intuitive and nice with cleaning prompts based on fuel consumption.

Hope my experience helps you some.

Jim
Thanks for reply it definitely help. Stove is replacing a 2 yr old napoleon wood stove.

Today dealer did site inspection. He suggested to do install around end of July. Reasoning is so stove warranty wouldn't be wasted during summer. Idea good or really doesn't matter?.

Guess that makes sense.

My state has a grant going on for clean burning pellet stoves (< 2 gm/hr). I just submitted paperwork to get $700 back from Maryland. Might want to check with your state in case you would miss a deadline or something. Unlikely that you don't already know about it but thought I would mention it.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm pricing them out now. One was $6200 after tax. Another $5850. In CT. I see you're in PA.. wow $5062 seems like a great deal. I don't know how to pull that off.
Haven’t look at current price on unit. My chimney already had ss liner, only needed adaptor to reduce size. First quote was Harman dealer that sub contract install. 2nd quote Harman dealer who does his own installs.