PelletPractitioner Posted By PelletPractitioner, Oct 9, 2018 at 6:14 PM

1. PelletPractitioner

PelletPractitioner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 4, 2018
    Loc:
    Connecticut, USA
    Information for Ravelli RV100s is a little sparse. I'm creating this thread with the hope it will become a go-to location for basic tips and information about the RV100. Feel free to share information on this thread and I will update the Table of Contents.

Table of Contents
    • Removing and installing the porcelain tiles (post #2)
    • Appliance adapter for venting pipe (post #4)
    Related Content
    1. Ravelli RV80 airflow meter error and replacement. (link)
    Official Documents
    1. RV100 Classic Manual (pdf)
    2. RV110 Dimensions (pdf) (This is linked to off the RV100 Classic product page, and the dimensions appear to match. I suspect they changed the model names for the US region)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PelletPractitioner

PelletPractitioner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 4, 2018
    Loc:
    Connecticut, USA
    Installing the Panels

I ordered a Ravellli RV100c but opted out of the installation (~$800). It arrived with the unit, and a box of porcelain panels. After verifying none of the panels were broken, I begin the surprisingly frustrating job of installing them.

To install the top panel: this is obvious. Just take off the cast iron top and slide into place.

To install the front bottom panel: remove the right two panels, if installed. Loosen the 4 or 5 bolts securing the right rail that runs the entire length of the stove. Slide out the rail. Insert the tile on the left rail, then into the the right rail. Slide the right rail back into place and tighten screws.

To instal the side panels: this is also straight-forward.

Side Panels that Won't Slide Into Place

My right panels slide nicely into place. The left ones were very difficult. The tile would slide in 3 inches, then get stuck. They were almost impossibly hard to remove, even though I didn't force them in. It was crazy. I was worried they would shatter. It was pretty scary. I thought the stove might have gotten dinged during shipment, so I called the dealer. The installer told me they sometimes encounter this and didn't seem surprised. He recommended using a wide flat screw driver or pliers, wrapped with painters tape (to avoid stripping off the black paint), to expand the rail from the inside.

Once I got it past that, it would stop 2" before the bottom of the stove. I used a pliers and paper towels folded over about 5 times to bend the outer rail. I also stuck it in the rail and wiggled it to widen the rail.

The other problem I had was the top of the rails where you slide in the tiles. The top of the left rail was shaving off porcelain tile into powder that collected at the bottom. The rail didn't seem aligned correctly. After 10 minutes of getting the tile stuck, removing it, and repeating it, I loosened the top bolt holding the rail in place a half turn. The rail rotated a bit.

The installer told me over the phone not to shave down the porcelain tile as a larger chunk of enamel might flake off.

After 30 minutes of rotating the rail and using a pliers to bend open the rail, the panel finally slid into place as normal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    Same issue on right side
    I found holding from bottom and lowering slowly helps.

4. PelletPractitioner

PelletPractitioner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 4, 2018
    Loc:
    Connecticut, USA
    The DuraVent PelletPro 3PVP-ADR appliance adapter works great. I also tried the standard 3" DuraVent appliance adapter, but that didn't fit at all. It was the exact same circumference as the exhaust pipe on the RV100. You really do need the 3PVP-ADR. I got it for around $30 from Wood Stove Pro. Plumbers Stock has it for cheaper, but it's direct order from manufacturer and takes 5 weeks to arrive. Still beat my dealer's price of $100 for an adapter.