Ravelli RV100[c] Owner's Thread - Tips & Knowledge

jerrieric

Feeling the Heat
Jul 7, 2008
Windham Me
Rv100c temp matches exactly with other thermometer next to the sensor. I extended the sensor to where we sit in the room using 18/2 thermostat wire from Lowe's, 10.50 for 50 foot roll. Finally is accurate now.

PelletPractitioner

Oct 4, 2018
Connecticut, USA
I have successfully adjusted my pellet consumption by going into the dealer menu and changing the feed rate for each power setting. I have the 1/5 power setting set to 1.0 or 1.1, down from 1.3, about a 20% savings. In reality I'm not sure if I save that much. The flame is obviously lower, too. But seems to help on modulation mode. Over night when it modulates I seem to burn 20% of a hopper over 7 or 8 hours. Of course the heat output reflects that... the efficiency is terrible on low modes. Efficiency (heat output per pound of pellets) seems to peak around power setting 3-4. Still, that's good enough for over night just to keep the house from cooling down too much.

jerrieric

Feeling the Heat
Jul 7, 2008
Windham Me
Just an update. After reprogramming my RV 100c with the information I got from Ravelli it always seemed to be really too warm even on its lowest setting so I just turned the %pellet Ratio back to its lowest setting and it's been running for several days, and it seems to be perfect now.

PelletPractitioner

Oct 4, 2018
Connecticut, USA
@jerrieric I just experienced the same problem. Even when it was modulating it felt like it was on 3 judging by flame size and heat output. Restarting didn't seem to fix it long-term. I turned the %pellet ratio down a bit and noticed a big difference. I can't imagine that's only a 3% reduction in pellet feed. I wonder if it reset some faulty internal setting when I adjusted the feed rate, or internally it adjusts more than 3% that shows in the display.