Questions on DuraLiner-to-insert interface

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerlyn

Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
Eastern MA
I have a Hearthstone Clydesdale wood insert being installed in about two weeks. From everything I've read here, I decided to go with an insulated flue liner. Since my flue is 6.5" x 11.5" I am planning to install DuraLiner rigid oval down the chimney with flex (and insulation sleeve) going through the damper. My installer has never worked with this system before and I am trying to make sure we have all the needed parts on hand to do it right the first time.

Looking at the DuraLiner catalog, there seems to be a difference between "round-to-oval" and "oval-to-round" flex pipes. I am assuming that going from a round opening on the insert to rigid oval pipe, my only option is to attach the 14" 4614-RO adapter at the bottom of a length of oval-to-oval flex, e.g. 4636-OF, then on up to the rigid sections. (IOW, I cannot simply take a 4636-OR oval-to-round adapter, flip it around, and expect it to mate properly to the end of the rigid section in the flue.)

My question is whether the 4614-RO will fit directly into the flue collar on the Clydesdale, or do I need something at the very end like a 4000 end ring adapter? From looking at the Clydesdale manual, the cast iron flue collar seems to exit the insert at a 30 degree angle (in the default position) and something like the 4681-RO adapter is not going to seal properly, either directly to the insert or to its air shroud.

Thanks in advance, -K-

Status
Not open for further replies.