Quick disconnect in concrete patio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drice78

Oct 25, 2015
Washington
I am putting in a brand new concrete patio and would like to be able to have a propane heater or table with gas fire pit later on. A flex hose would be easy from the stub out on the house wall, however it would be a huge trip hazard. So I want to have a connection in the patio floor that is recessed until we get a table or heater.

So far the only solution I have found is from Burnaby and seems way over priced to me. Is there another option?
http://www.amazon.com/Burnaby-Manufacturing-Ltd-G0101-CD-Concrete/dp/B00HD5H8HS

We have considered using a standalone small tank, but we have a large tank for the whole house, so it doesn't make sense to not take advantage of that.

I have installed gas as you describe for infrared heaters, torches, outdoor cooking. Standard underground plastic pipe with steel risers is the way to go. Find a gas professional in your area. I'm sure they will know what to do. Now is the time to think of all this, before the concrete is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.