Quick HEO question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kast

Sep 28, 2008
Stoughton M.A
I’ve been going threw Horan Oil for the last 5 months and I noticed their prices are a lot more expensive then others. Just yesterday they dropped 90G at $2.49! So I called and they gave me this talk about

“Special additive that improves the efficiency of oil heating systems and helps keep them cleaner”

Now even if this is the case, I can get oil for $1.90 down the street, so are these “special additives” worth 59 Cents a gallon difference?

You can buy a quart of Power Service at Wally World for $6/quart which will treat 100 gals. of fuel. That comes out to $.06/gal.

Thanks! that's a great idea

I agree with these guys, they be stickin it to you friend. Also how in heck have you been paying that much for oil since mid winter? You have to shop around. Remember, there is one big advantage to oil over some of the other means of heating. You can buy it anywhere, anytime and guess what they have been swimming in the stuff lately. They are giving away all sorts of deals for first time buyers ect and even advertising prices on the internet even here in the back side of nowhere. Get all the home pages, call around and buy the cheapest you can find. NY even gives tax rebates for 5 and 20% mixes of biofuel. Take advantage of the deals and don't believe for a minute that any are different from the others. I talk to the guys who bring ours in from Canada every night. There are 2 taps up here, Mobile and Everything else. I think its just a who owns the pipeline issue or some such thing but the oil / gasoline is the same stuff pumped through the pipe most of the way. No need for any of those once handy fuel contracts anymore either, just buy it as you need it and stay far away from the automatic delivery. It just works for them, not you. It's no chore keeping an eye on the fuel gauge yourself, just remember the last quarter isn't really a true quarter tank so it will drop a lot quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.