Quick question for cat owners please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
Ok, i did my first break in fire tonight.
The house is nice and toasty, i am down to coals
and want to go to bed. The cat thermometer still says active range,
do i leave the cat engaged or open up the flue? Can i leave the
cat on until the stove is cold? Or does it matter.

Thanks alot!
Brad

Thanks North!
I was waiting for a reply.
What an awesome stove we have.
I am sure i will bug you again about fine tuning this thing.

Brad

Dont call it bugging. Glad I can help to make your purchase a success. Iam pretty sure every dollar you earn is important to you as much is mine for my family. The stove will pretty much run itself once its loaded and the CAT thermometer is in the active zone. You set it and forget it. What will be cool is when you shut her down and all the flames disappear, then watch the smoke roll inside the stove with the cat glowing and zero smoke out your chimney. Its amazing how much heat that just the smoke fueling the CAT can put out. N of 60

I dunno if I could count on North of 60? soon it will be dark for almost 24 hrs. He could very well be going into hibernation-like my sister who lives in Ft.St James. way, way to far north for the civilized folk :lol:

bfunk13, you should edit your profile and put the type of stove you have in your signature. That could help others in answering your questions.

I also agree on the cat. Once you engage it, leave it alone until the next time you fill the firebox.

Cool thanks guys, i lit the stove back up this morning before going to work.
Came home after working out in the snow and wind all day, the wife had the stove
purring right along. 79 deg. throughout the house. Very nice!
I am amazed how this stove conserves wood, awesome!

Brad

I hope N. of 60 skips the hibernation this year, i still have alot of questions.

sonnyinbc said:
I dunno if I could count on North of 60? soon it will be dark for almost 24 hrs. He could very well be going into hibernation-like my sister who lives in Ft.St James. way, way to far north for the civilized folk :lol:

Just for you rainyinbc no I mean cloudyinbc um no I mean trafficinbc I mean sonnyinbc. :p
No time to hibernate here. To much fishin to do.

Attachments

• Yukon,Whitehorse daily Averages.jpg
    Yukon,Whitehorse daily Averages.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 196
It`s those "frost free days" only 82 of them that would probably cause me to expire way too early ;-P

Heck, it`s 12C as I type and I`m burning right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.