Quick venting question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmfox

Feb 22, 2013
Hello all, Im about to install a Heatilator Cab50 in my house. The placement will be on an interior wall, with vertical venting. I do have an exiting 6" wood stove stainless chimney in the house I will be using, it is 9ft in height from ceiling to above peak of house. The house is a one story ranch, can I get away with 3" venting from stove to ceiling or should I go with 4" at the cleanout Tee and vertical with a adapter at the ceiling. The manual states that one 90 elbow equals 3' of straigt pipe and more than 15' of venting to use 4". Thanks for the help, Brian. Im thinking 4" is what I need, just want to hear from the professionals and help this pellet rookie.

I have an Enviro Windsor that I used 4" to a reducer on an 8" wood stove stainless chimney. External length is 9 feet. Never had any problems. It's also a pretty long vertical run off a 90 degree clean out "T" off the back of the stove. Stove is in a room with a cathedral ceilng. The vertical run of 4" to the reducer on the 8" is 10 feet.

Your best off with 4" it will work better and also look nicer.

Has anyone gotten the short vent 90 degree pipe from heatilator with the clean out door? We have had issues since day one with our clean out cap. Looking into this cleanout from heatilator and wondering if it will fit with my simpson duravent pipe kit. In other words, replace my existing t with this from heatilator. At this point I have to move my stove each time to even work behind our stove due to kitty corner installation. Even with this I still can not get the cap off. I've read to put never sieze on it, which I will once I can get the darn thing off. But thinking of this cleanout from heatilator. Any one use?

Status
Not open for further replies.