quick wall thimble question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zchrisz

Sep 5, 2012
hi everyone! i'm new here i picked up a harman accentra fs. i'm tired of the oil man, i got my permit :)

and i installed the stove but one thing that bugs me is the wall thimble, i installed it in the wall and the fiberglass insulation is packed around the outside of the thimble, i assume it's ok and have done searches and others have said it's okay because the thimble provides the proper clearance, i just wanted to here others thought, the stove is currently running and this popped in my head, going to call for an inspection tomorrow..

As long as none of the insulation is between the pv & the ID of the thimble, you installed the thimble correctly. You're good to go...

I installed my thimble per Simpson instructions, box in wall opening. If you go to Simpson site it will show you proper installation of thimble.

Sounds like you're good to go. BTW, we have a saying on the forum. No pics = it really never happened.

We LOVE pics of new stove installs. :)

Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.