Quote Reasonable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

htr2133

Nov 2, 2016
Nashville, TN
I figured I'd post this in a new thread as my initial thread is getting long. Please let me know if this price seems reasonable.

I was quoted $9,900 for installing a flexible stainless liner, chimney cap repair, wash, waterproofing, tuck-pointing, and install of a Ventis HEI170 w blower and appropriate trim-out kit. Also includes a custom-fabricated, powder-coated stainless steel chase cover.

This seems high to me and I was prepared for it to be expensive....I thought. How does this compare for those who have had similar installs and work completed?

Thanks!

The vantis is 2kish......
The insulated liner plus accessories is 1 - 1.5k...

The rest of the chimney repair you would need to get quotes from masons or other sweeps.

Im guessing based on the previous install your looking at a massive cleaning.

So I guess it depends on if you want to get dirty or not. Im guessing you could do a lot of it yourself save 3-4 or pay to have it done.

Reactions: htr2133