range cookers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guy01

Dec 16, 2007
northern PA
OK I've been hovering around for a while and now I have a question.
I stumbled acrost range cookers/boilers on some UK sites and it sounds like an interesting alternative for hot water and heat .ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE?

Welcome to the Boiler Room, Guy.

Can you post a link? Sounds interesting.

Edit those two posts and then cut and paste the links from another browser window. The links aren't showing up in your posts.

That's some really solid looking equipment. The Europeans are so far ahead of us on that stuff, is not even funny.

Good luck finding a dealer on this side of the Atlantic. I did see something similar to their freestanding stove/boiler at a trade show, though it wasn't working. It had some hard-to-believe specs, but I've since learned to admire the engineering and technology that the Europeans put into their woodburning designs.

Remember, a lot of us were still heating with Franklin Stoves back in the '70s.

OHHH, that brings back memories. :) These units were quite common in the 50's. A great aunt of mine had one of those on coal. They used year round and it did DHW as well as all the cooking and baking. In the summer it made the kitchen warm enough, but in the winter you would leave the covers of the plates and it would heat the whole downstairs.
This unit was in Holland and if I wouldn't have moved to Canada, I would have gladly taken it over, I know this unit lasted at-least until their passing and I would guess it made someone very happy after. But coal would be somewhat harder to get there

Status
Not open for further replies.