Ravelli Francesca fire pot clog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tangapoo2

Apr 4, 2018
Pennsylvania
We did an extreme cleaning about 3 weeks ago but now the fire pot is completely conjested with ash after 8 hrs. Little ash is reaching the bin below. We did replace the starter earlier in the season and it has been working fine. Any ideas? Also now we are getting a service alarm but the stove is still working. It has been in use since purchased new in the fall of 2015. We have burned just under 2 tons this season.

We did an extreme cleaning about 3 weeks ago but now the fire pot is completely conjested with ash after 8 hrs. Little ash is reaching the bin below. We did replace the starter earlier in the season and it has been working fine. Any ideas? Also now we are getting a service alarm but the stove is still working. It has been in use since purchased new in the fall of 2015. We have burned just under 2 tons this season.

Did you change brands of pellets, or make air adjustments. I know if the ash pot gets clogged I get an air flow alarm [I forget the exact name of the alarm]. When you clean the burn pot and start the stove, does it burn properly at that point?

What did the extreme cleaning include.