Ravelli rv100c .. recent purchase, pellet suggestions??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wire12xu

Dec 26, 2014
Cincinnatus, NY 13040
Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum.
After loads of research we're having a Ravelli rv100c installed next week.
The dealer has already supplied us with a ton of Allegheny Premium pellets.

Is there a brand of pellet that would work best with our stove?
What should I be looking for when choosing a pellet?

Thanks and have a great day...
Mark

Welcome Mark. There is no such thing as a best pellet. Each pellet is different and many behave differently depending on the stove. You'll find positive and negative reviews on almost every brand of pellets discussed here. Here's the fun part. Go out and buy two or three bags of pellets to try them in your stove. Play with the stove settings and discover what works best for you and then you can tell us your results.

Reactions: CleanFire
Hi Mark,

The Ecotech Francesca here (older, smaller stove) likes low-ash softwood pellets, as the ash is carried out of the burn pot easier by the flame, keeps the burn pot cleaner for extended run times.

Hopefully your dealer will help setup and 'tune' your stove to the Allegheny Premium pellets, don't be afraid to try other brands, but write down the feed / air settings before you do, so you can quickly switch back to a particular brand of pellet,

A clean stove is a happy stove, so when starting out, having the dealer show you how to do a full cleaning on your stove, or better, watching them clean their display model & taking notes, will let you better maintain the stove and potentially save $$$ on dealer visits..

Enjoy!

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum.
After loads of research we're having a Ravelli rv100c installed next week.
The dealer has already supplied us with a ton of Allegheny Premium pellets.

Is there a brand of pellet that would work best with our stove?
What should I be looking for when choosing a pellet?

Thanks and have a great day...
Mark
HI Mark,
Not sure where you are located but we are a dealer for Ravelli in Vermont and New Hampshire. We tell our customers softwood pellet. We sell Lacrete, they are phenomenal in the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.