Ravelli RV80 loading up on pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clockmanchris

Feb 16, 2020
Ellsworth, Maine
Ok, this stove was in my home when I bought it and wasn't working properly from the get-go. I replaced the mother board and it began working very well for a while (only been using it for about 3 months now). I noticed it was having issues, so I pulled it out, cleaned out the flue pipes, exhaust fan and housing, "trap doors", places behind the asbestos brick material, etc. and it was doing ok, but now, using a high quality hardwood pellet, the burn pot keeps loading up. I set it to final cleaning and when it's done, totally clean out the burn pot and ash tray, only to have it do it again and again after several hours of burning. It has no codes, no beeps. Any ideas what might be causing a poor burn?

Normally what you have described is a lack of combustion air.
check for some kind of blockage from intake to exhaust termination.
including under the burn pot and the holes in the burn pot.
It may also be leaking air into the stove around the door seal.

Clean from where the air enters the stove (If it has an outside air kit, OAK)
Through the burn pot, past the heat exchanger down the back (inside) of the stove,
Remove the panels, out past the combustion fan, up the exhaust. This all needs to be clean

Today I scraped and replaced the door gasket, one of three access doors (others are on order) and the exhaust fan gasket. I still need to do the three access doors, plus I want to replace the air intake / igniter gasket and the gasket between the combustion chamber and the exhaust fan housing. I noticed the glass gasket seemed to be letting super fine powder ash drop out from the base, so I temporarily used the gasket adhesive (a black silicone material) to make a caulking bead at the top and bottom of the glass. I figured I might as well seal it just in case; you can't even tell from the front. I'm firing it back up, so let's hope it works!