Q&A re-brick, new firebrick needed in woodburning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have a 1978 model woodburning stove, made by (Garrison Stove Works) of Claremont, NH model No A53 20592A. The brick have deterioted to a point of being unsafe to use the stove. Question; Where do I get new bricks, and how do I rebrick.

Answer:

The firebricks in the stove are called "splits" and are available in most masonry supply yards. They come in two sizes (check yours) 4x8 and 4 1/2 x 9 - both being about 1 1/4 inch thick. They are usually held in just by the ash that has built up around then, and a angle clip on the top. You may have to remove the floor bricks in order to get the side ones out.

Status
Not open for further replies.