RE: Chainsaw Museum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
No

I've snowmobiled in Allagash. Got food, drinks and fuel there as well but never knew of the saw museum

Neat. Just looked up where Allagash is. Wow. Way up there. So much for doing a day trip when my wife takes her parents to OBX next month.

Neat. Just looked up where Allagash is. Wow. Way up there. So much for doing a day trip when my wife takes her parents to OBX next month.
LOL to a day trip.
There is an old lumber museum on Ambajejus Lake. The only way I've found so far to get there is by snowmobile. It's at the other end of the lake from White House Landing. I'd love to know if it's still standing. It was just like stepping back in a time machine. All the beds were still intact and the cook was the highest paid man according to the wage chart on the wall. Cool place. Stuffed with relics of years gone by.

Sounds fun!

I love it! I live in North Carolina you just gave me a good excuse to go to Allagash Maine. Just looked it up 1300 miles.
I am not kidding I like to go to Maine. Drove all the way from Bangor to Prince Edward Island in a January blizzard in a rented Ford Taurus once.

I love it! I live in North Carolina you just gave me a good excuse to go to Allagash Maine. Just looked it up 1300 miles.
I am not kidding I like to go to Maine. Drove all the way from Bangor to Prince Edward Island in a January blizzard in a rented Ford Taurus once.
How was the drive over the bridge?

Ah . . . you saw a fair bit of the "real" Maine then . . . at least the downeast part.

PEI is a very special place . . . haven't been there for a few years though, especially not now with the border closed.

Ah . . . you saw a fair bit of the "real" Maine then . . . at least the downeast part.

PEI is a very special place . . . haven't been there for a few years though, especially not now with the border closed.
Same here ...I do own property ( missed last year) ..we'll see what they think if your vaccinated .. Hoping soon

I wouldn't expect the boarder to open to the US this summer. Maybe next winter.
The way things are going the US will probably not allow Canadians in because of black-faces continuous blunders to get Canadians access to vaccines.

What's this real Maine you speak of? You're in a good direction if you are above Discusta and it only gets better the further north you go!!! :)

Lou is an awesome guy! He brought our canoes and gear out when we did the Allagash 10 years ago. He seems like he has his hand in everything in that town. Super nice guy and knows so much about the area.