Re-insulate Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JimC12345!

Jan 27, 2018
Nebraska
I removed all fiberglass insulation from surrounding the water tanks during a tank repair, and need to replace the insulation.
Is this just regular R30 non-faced fiberglass insulation or is it more specific?
The boiler is a; Sequoyah Paradise, heat transfer machine "Big albert". Model #2400.
Any help will be appreciated, it's 23 degrees and will snow tonight. I need to put this thing back together.
Thanks again,
JimC

I don't know that boiler at all, but I doubt it's anything more special than ordinary fiberglass. If you are as in need as it sounds, I would just stuff it up with that. Make sure it doesn't come into contact with anything with fire on the other side. Like say a flue collar. Roxul could likely be used for a spot like that.

My Econoburn is insulated with sprayfoam