Re-using Telescoping pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bullyboy

Burning Hunk
Apr 8, 2017
Central Ontario
I am swapping stoves and need to know if my double wall telescoping pipe is re usable? I am going to need to extend it a few inches from where it is now. It is screwed together at the top of the lower section of the telescope. (Hope that makes sense) So when I extend it there will be three screw holes visible. I believe that the screws only go thru the first wall. Is it safe to use until I can get a replacement? It's duravent and apparently everything is back ordered right now.

Ya, just fill the holes with similar screws.

Don’t even need to fill the holes. They are small and only through the first wall. I’ve done it and found that the little holes were not noticeable.

Never even thought of screws. Lol. So simple. Thanks guys.