Q&A Re: whitfield pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I would like information on a Whitfield pellet insert- (Advantage model). Previously this insert had been installed with a 3" vertical pellet vent and vertical termination. The owner would now like to reinstall the insert with a horizontal termination. My question is can this model be vented horizontally- approximately 18" after an initial vertical rise of 30". Thank you for your helpful and timely information in the past!

Answer:

Yes- to the best of my knowledge- the advantage series can be vented directly out or up and out. It uses fan-forced combustion- so natural draft is not needed. You should make certain that you have an installation manual handy when you do the installation so you make certain you conform to ALL the specs.
http://www.whitfield.com

Link: Whitfield

Status
Not open for further replies.