Ready to install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So does this mean if I have mild mold issues around my original 60+ year old windows that the fireplace may actually resolve this issue. That's cool.
LOL, you got your money's worth out of those puppies. Save up and splurge on some new windows, you will be glad you did.

So does this mean if I have mild mold issues around my original 60+ year old windows that the fireplace may actually resolve this issue. That's cool.
During what season is the mold being created, and where about the window is it occurring?

Most of the windows on my house are 238 - 244 years old, without any mold issues. I wouldn't discriminate on age, alone.

During what season is the mold being created, and where about the window is it occurring?

Most of the windows on my house are 238 - 244 years old, without any mold issues. I wouldn't discriminate on age, alone.

Single pane windows cause warm room air to condense on the cold glass and run down. With good "housekeeping" mold and mildew can be kept away. But the issue is not the age of the windows, it's that they're single pane. And window coverings like drapes/blinds can hold the cold air around the frames which can exacerbate the issue.

We get some mold on single pane fixed windows (92 yrs old). Condensation forms and collects during cold weather and overtime provides moisture for the mold to grow. The solution has been to build a custom, permanent storm window installed on a dry day and sealed. Have done that for some, but a few remain.

We get some mold on single pane fixed windows (92 yrs old). Condensation forms and collects during cold weather and overtime provides moisture for the mold to grow. The solution has been to build a custom, permanent storm window installed on a dry day and sealed. Have done that for some, but a few remain.
Just remember, the outer pane must be more leaky than the inner pane, in a cold climate. So, if installing exterior storms, make your window tight, and the storm leaky. If doing indoor storms, make 'em as tight as you like.

Back to the installation. I am missing the piece that goes from the stove to the liner. The top of my regency i1200 has 4 small holes around a 6" hole. What's the name of the adapter that goes there so I can place the liner inside that and screw it in place

First time I've looked at this stove's manual. Is this what you have in place? If so it looks like you want a liner to appliance adapter.
https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/chimney-liner-vertical-appliance-connector.php
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 12.05.46 PM.png

Yes that's what I'm missing. The unit on the right. the standard flue adapter. Do I need to get it from regency or just place a universal on on top like you showed me....should it just sit there or do I need to make sure I can screw it down? I'm not even sure what size the screws are.

You'll need both parts. The std. adapter looks like a Regency part. Do you have the manual? Installation and attachment directions are on page 9. You'll also need the special pull rod to pull the std. flue adapter into place. If you don't have the rod you might be able fabricate something or maybe borrow one from a Regency dealer.
https://www.regency-fire.com/en/Products/Wood/Wood-Inserts/I1200

First time I've looked at this stove's manual. Is this what you have in place? If so it looks like you want a liner to appliance adapter.
https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/chimney-liner-vertical-appliance-connector.php
View attachment 200511

I see how the universal u
You'll need both parts. The std. adapter looks like a Regency part. Do you have the manual? Installation and attachment directions are on page 9. You'll also need the special pull rod to pull the std. flue adapter into place. If you don't have the rod you might be able fabricate something or maybe borrow one from a Regency dealer.
https://www.regency-fire.com/en/Products/Wood/Wood-Inserts/I1200

Bought the unit for cheap so no manual. Looks like I'll be contacting regency for the standard flue adapter as I don't have it

Download the manual under specifications and literature at the above link. It is nicely illustrated with photos of the installation process.

Download the manual under specifications and literature at the above link. It is nicely illustrated with photos of the installation process.

Just wondering if there is a generic part to replace the standard universal flue adapter that screws into the top of the unit.

I kind of doubt it. This looks specific to the stove. @bholler may know better. He installs Regency inserts.

Reactions: beermann