Received natural gas bill $146.00!!!!! WTC ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Augie

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2012
North Of Canada
So first year burner here and I received my ebill this morning. Just going over the numbers, I was gone for a couple of days so the furnace was keeping the house heater and I was expecting a $20ish bill. It was 146!!!!!! I called to tell them that I had a gas leak and they needed to send someone out. They asked me how I knew this, told them I had a woodstove and my bill was way too high. Then they told me last month my usage was estimated based on temps and my average heating cost at these temps last year.......lol went out and read them the numbers on the meter and my new bill is $18.63

Yup, they only read the meter every so often and just use estimates for the other times. When they finally get to the meter (and if you pay the bill in full) you'd eventually notice a credit on your account. Unless you like loaning them money, feel free to read the meter and tell them while they work out new averages for your house.

P.S. you said "copulate" lol

Reactions: Shane N
I was aware that they estimated bills, but the new bills I get through email(ebill) doesn't indicate if your bill was estimated or not. LOL

Weird, my bill shows an A for Actual and E for Estimated. We read our own (Co-Op) meters and give them the info for billing, then they come out once a year to verify.
Good thing you called.

Unless you like loaning them money...
P.S. you said "copulate" lol
They will fornicate you over every chance they get. ==c

I fixed the title for you. <>

My first year burning they estimated the bill for 3 months in a row. I didn't pay for quite a while after that.

That's right. Nice work.
Stick it to The Man!

I was on the budget pay. The first year I heated with wood (2010), I paid enough into it that December 2012 was the first bill I have paid. I didn't pay a gas bill most of 2011 and 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.