Regency gas fireplace - pro flame remote can’t pair with receiver

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dorfdorf

Dec 20, 2023
Victoria bc
I don’t have specific model numbers, so forgive me, but I have a regency gas fireplace from around 15 or so years ago. It has the off/remote/on slider switch on the front bottom left corner of the grill. This is also where the program/reset button is.

Here is my issue. I have the pro flame remote, and have replaced all batteries in the remote and the receiver. It seems somewhere along the line after changing batteries, the remote stopped communicating with the fireplace. I tried to push the program button on the receiver but it doesn’t even emit a beep like people say it should, when I slide the switch to the on position the fireplace comes on ok, but just nothing with the remote, seemed to be working fine recently, but now it won’t even beep to acknowledge I’m trying to reprogram the receiver….

Thoughts?

I don’t have specific model numbers, so forgive me, but I have a regency gas fireplace from around 15 or so years ago. It has the off/remote/on slider switch on the front bottom left corner of the grill. This is also where the program/reset button is.

Here is my issue. I have the pro flame remote, and have replaced all batteries in the remote and the receiver. It seems somewhere along the line after changing batteries, the remote stopped communicating with the fireplace. I tried to push the program button on the receiver but it doesn’t even emit a beep like people say it should, when I slide the switch to the on position the fireplace comes on ok, but just nothing with the remote, seemed to be working fine recently, but now it won’t even beep to acknowledge I’m trying to reprogram the receiver….

Thoughts?
Corrosion on the battery terminals?
Or a bad battery...

Reactions: DAKSY
Like Fingerlakes said, test the batteries in both the transmitter and receiver. One weak battery can cause a malfunction

Thoughts?
I have the identical problem. Were you able to resolve your issue?
Thanks.
HarryE