Recommend a solar forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7acres

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2013
South East USA
My wife and I are set on pursuing a solar investment. Time to up my solar IQ. When I needed to do that for our wood stove purchase I found this forum and the kind helpful crowd here.

Looks like The Green Room will be a good resource. But can you recommend a forum dedicated to solar, especially one friendly to folks like myself who want to learn everything and design, buy and build it all out myself?

Talk to people/businesses who have had solar installed. You can learn a lot by touching and feeling installed systems and learning from the experiences of those who have gone before you.

Reactions: 7acres
I participate on Solarpaneltalk. There was one difficult member "Sunking" who was not user friendly (but quite knowledgeable) but he appears to have gone away(for now). Arizona Wind and Sun has a forum that is also quite active.

One thing with solar is unlike wood, the rules change depending on what utility rate plans are in effect and what incentives are available in each state or utility area. You have to design with one eye on what is the right fit and what lines up with the incentives and rate plans that apply.

I'm new to the forum ... this is my first post ...I received a call from NRG
You might find some info using the search feature. If not, I would start a new thread with a title that will draw attention to your question, which is somewhat buried in this thread...

moved to a new thread. not really a strong green room topic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.